Jane Addams & Badger Trail (July 2022)
Day 1: Jane Addams trail. Picked up the trail in Orangeville up and back. Spent the night next to the trail up in Monroe. The Jane Addams starts in Freeport, which was the site of the Lincoln Douglas debate (start of Lincoln's political career as a US Senator).
Who is Jane Addams? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Addams
I ended up sleeping in Monroe in a trail parking lot.
Day 2: Border to Monticello. All of this trip was down and back so slower than usual as I'm doing double the miles. At the end of the day I discovered Paoli, where I had lunch. Ended up in Madison to meet a friend to see her brother play a concert.
Day 3: Ended up cutting the trip short and not finishing the Monticello to Fitchburg stretch. Did the Monona Loop in Madison as a consolation prize.
Picked this up again July 4 weekend 2023. Monticello to Madison. Did all of the Badger trail and most of the Capital trail.


Comments
Post a Comment