GAP Trail Day 3: OhioPyle to Smithton -- 33 miles (June 2021)
Another short day. It was HOTTT and we were done with our ride pretty early. 2PM if memory serves.
Smithton is not a cute little trail town. It's more of what I would expect of that area. A little bit down on it's luck and rough around the edges but not completely hopeless.
We ended up staying at Dales Place which is a bar/restaurant that also has some rooms and apartments above it (Ireland style). Gary thought it was the worst place he's ever stayed, which my response was "sir, if that's the worst place you ever stayed then you haven't lived enough." I thought it was fine, clearly the lowest of the three places we booked but someone has to come in third. At least no one fell through the bed.
It was so hot we just ended up hanging out at DP for most of the afternoon into the evening. It was pleasant enough. The food was really good (pizza and wings). The clientele was ok, I remember one asshole who wouldn't shut up about something or another. Oh, it was a movie they were showing on the bar TV and he was clearly ex military and pointed out that the guns in the movie were shooting blanks. Real observant. I don't know that I had ever given in much thought but I would find it weird if they WEREN'T using blanks. People are stupid.


Comments
Post a Comment