Chesapeake & Ohio Trail (June 2020) Overview
Mileage: 184.5 over four days
My friend Gary and I have been wanting to bike the C&O trail for a couple of years, but something always took precedence. That could be other travel plans, kids, shitting jobs....however....Covid-19 took care of most of those competing interests. So we decided to go ahead and knock it out June 14-17 2020.
This was the first trip of it's kind either one of us had attempted. We are both 46 years old and far from in great shape, but we both have been pretty active most of our lives. As far as training, I started at 15 miles and worked my way up to 50 miles but those were one offs. I was not riding multiple days in a row.
We grew up together in suburban Massachusetts and we've known each other since high school. That didn't stop us from having a couple of disputes (mostly around Gary being a big pussy) but I would say overall things went smoothly given the circumstances.
The hope is that we can complete the Great American Rail Trail (3,700 miles) in segments over the next few years (decades?).
Map of our C&O Trip
Gear:
Laurence's bike: Co-Op CTY 2.2 XL frame
https://www.rei.com/product/121599/co-op-cycles-cty-22-bike
I had paneer's on the back to carry water, food, extra clothes, tubes, etc.
Gary's bike:





Comments
Post a Comment